Frozen Mi

|
I woke up today sure I'd finally get some work done. Last night I forwent hanging out with friends at the Improv in order to go home and really chip away at the old screenplay only to find myself eating my roomate's Nutella while reading about a haunted hospital. No progress was made on the screenplay, but I told myself that in case my characters ever find themselves in a haunted hospital this was important field research.

And I suppose that's fundamentally my problem - I hate the concentration involved with writing, and because of the the doughnut-like warmth of the internet, don't find myself doing much of it anymore. I used to be able to focus for longer than a blink but there's so much quirky crap on-line these days that if I blink I just might miss some of it. Hell I'm only two paragraphs into this piece and can feel myself wanting finish the video-tour of the frozen pizza factory I was streaming from the BBC website. I do have actual shit to do today but say my characters discover a frozen pizza in the haunted hospital? What then?

I thought so.