My Body is So Weird...

|
My body is so weird.

I feel like it's a rental that I was stuck with, forever.

I had surgery on my bum left ear a month and a half ago, and while simultaneously not fixing the screeching hiss I hear whenever sounds are loud, I now hear the constant gentle roll of a distant kettle drum to go behind it. (Not the loud BOOM of a drum hit, but the soft droning paradiddle of a coming unplesant event.) And as of three minutes ago a random clicking has joined the symphony, a sibling snapping his tounge on a roadtrip, forever.

My body is not mine.

This morning I had two very unplesant experiences in the bathroom as my Crohn's Disease is restless and thought It'd say hello. Winching as I pushed, my bathroom was a maternity ward and even the gentle burgundy of my bathroom mat was not enough to calm the fire within me. I am used to my Crohn's getting pissed at me, but it never makes dealing with it any easier. And I'm out of Lysol.

My body is so unpredictable.

Sometimes I think it's all I can do to keep working out, rallying the labour union of muscle within me to fight against the tyrannical forces pulling at my flesh. I did not ask for them.

My body is a work-in-progress.

As is this blog entry....