In sleep, I am sound.

|
Sometimes it really is easier just going to sleep. Like a ship crashing on the rocks only to set sail in the morning, it’s not giving up for good, it’s just giving up for now. In sleep I don’t feel a nagging panic about my career, don’t wonder If my ex-girlfriend is in fact a siren (and I think she might be), and most importantly, don’t wish I would go right back to sleep, as I now do.

A slump is a slump is a slump is a slump. I know they’re not supposed to last but hell, what if a short-term slump turns into a long-term problem? While I know sleeping for my entire life isn’t really possible, in fact it sounds like being dead, what other ways would I have of overcoming? Work? Buckling down? If only I could buckle down, work and sleep all at the same time which still sounds like being dead, which, slump or no, I’m not quite ready for just yet.

So awake I plug – popping the balloons of regret in my mind with the unenviable truth that everything that has happened, has happened, and other shit, will continue to happen also. This life isn’t meant to be amazing all the time, if it was we wouldn’t have comedy, the Smiths or Nine Inch Nails albums, all three of which I kinda love.

So I’m awake now. You happy life? I’m awake and my bed is right there and I’m not getting in it… I want to, trust me, those sheets seem like one gigantic cuddly vagina, but I'm still not getting in it...

But this chair is kinda comfy.