|

And in this dream we all pulled up to the great green lawn of Harley Davidson frat with which to pledge. Walking with my small group into a small room in the front of their huge brick mansion, we all sat in a room and waited. Idle chat was made. These people did not seem like the type of people I wanted to spend four years with while attending the blurry college I might have been dreaming about.

The group argued and jockeyed and after awhile a woman entered and gave us a talking to. I did not like her I thought, and when she was done, I asked the group if anyone was considering leaving. Out of the 15, only one other raised their hand.

I, and the other, waited infront of the mansion for a ride back to the train station or parking lot or campus or wherever my mind had placed me for this dream. A man in a cooper mini pulled up and the other got in the back seat and I in the front. He whipped it left between two brick dividers and I said “Holy shit this thing corners well”. “Corners well at thirty”, he calmly said, ”body’s so light it’s easy”.

As he drove us towards the exit I looked left and on the great green lawn of the Harley Davidson frat, a massive barbecue was going on. Drinks. Food. I even saw the group of people I came in with. But I still knew I needed to leave. And when this group saw us driving past they began to bay at the ignorance of our flight. I pumped my hand as one would a trucker and did not look them in the eye.

And getting dropped off at the train station or parking lot or campus, I had a vision and the vision was this: a heavy-set girl, riding a horse, jousting with a bull. And as she rode towards it time slowed down, and as each hoof hit the ground bringing her closer to the white horns of the bull, she knew this fate was worth it. And as the horn struck her it plunged deep into her skin and snapped off creating a halo of blood on her t-shirt, which had a target silkscreened on the front. And before she fell, I saw five other horns lodged in her chest, she had done this before.

And as her blood hit the grass the image seemed to dance, to vibrate to the music my brain played behind it.

And this, I thought, was beautiful.